Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Take Care of It

I am trying to take care of my own shit.
I have no extra time or energy right now.
Reader, if you are a woman I know you know excatly what I am saying here.
There is no time to roll over and play dead, pardon the pun. Time marches on even if your legs are broke and you don't.
I am told, "get your rest, take it easy". Whatever. No one really means that. What they mean is get some rest when it works for me.
Women are the glue of life. I ain't tootin my own horn, because it's about all the ladies here.
We are the care givers, the birth givers, the communicators. We are softer and gentler. Yet I personally think we endure the most in the world.
I have no time to go in a corner and lick my wounds. Kids get fed, laundry gets done, food gets cooked, errands are done, floors are vacuumed, dishes are done. Maybe in a slower fashion, and sometimes with help, but the world has not stopped turning. It's still looked at as my gig, no matter what's going on with me. Just put your finger in a water puddle and pull your finger out. Does the gap remain without your finger?
It's funny, because if I ever do get that small bit of pampering or coddling. I only need a few hours and I am good to go again. But when I feel beat down and tired, as I do today, I tend to get very negative. The pendulum is never in the middle.
Maybe I should not blog after midnight. This is literally the only time I have had to myself today, or should I say yesterday. I feel a bit pissy about it.
With all that being said...I don't need attitude. Do it yourself if I'm not doing it the way it should be done. I have my own shit to take care of.

Peace Out

No comments: