Friday, October 20, 2006

Wigged Out

With baldness soon approaching, I have doing what everyother chemo recipiant does.....I have been wig shopping. I have noticed quite a few thing on my journey of fake hair.
First of all, I am a woman of caucasion decent. The wigs that are marketed to me are generally VERY shiney, almost shallacked looking. I guess due the fact that white girls should have shiney hair. umph
Second of all, if I have to wear a wig, why not wear something I have always wanted, curly hair. The hunt for curly hair has brought me to this conclusion: The "ebony" wigs seem to have the texture and look that is more realistic to human hair even if it is synthetic. Whether it be straight or curly.
Third of all I accept the fact that I will look like a drag queen for a couple of months and I plan to DRAG IT UP!!!
False eye lashes, wigs, drawn on eyebrows, and whatever else I want to do. Because after all having cancer sucks and you have to find the fun in the most trying of times.
So if you see me walking down the street and call out "Maria!" don't be surprised if I don't answer because I may change my name too, even if only for a short time.

Peace Out

No comments: