Thursday, November 09, 2006

Chemo Mafia

Today I had my 2nd round of chemo. I will first start this blog with yesterday...
I have had a little cold building up the last couple of days. Although yesterday I was feeling the affects of this cold, I felt pretty good in general. It was a busy day. I took Elliot to ballet and we went to lunch with my friend Patty and her kids. When I came home I finished up laundry so it would be done after chemo. I cleaned up the house a bit and vacuumed. Here's where the "were you high?" part comes in, I VACUUMED MY CAR! WHY? I have no idea. It was like I was about to give birth and I was nesting. Such a strange productive feeling I had.
One of friends from book club, Robin, came by and brought me some juicy magazines to with me in the morning.
I decided not to go tt book club due to my cold. Jason and Amy brought home Thai food and it was goooooood. I went to bed early.
This morning Jason and Amy drove me to the hospital. Some how a chemo fairy got into their car and left me a chemo treat!! It was a morning of blood draws , running to the pharmacy, meeting with PK, my Nurse Practitioner, and finally starting chemo about 11:30.
I took a different nausea medication this time and it worked much better. Tough, it did cost $152 bones. We gotta get this health coverage in this country figured out. What if we couldn't afford the medication. I would have been screwed today. There folks in this country who don't even have insurance. That is whack. This is a subject that deserve an entire blog dedicated to it...
Anyhoo, I had the nurse today who was so strange, She had the shakes and was dropping stuff everywhere. next time I go in I am requesting not to have her. She didn't hurt me and she was very knowledgeable, but something in her world was not right.
We got home about 2:45 and I pretty much took to the couch. Now here I sit bloggin'.
I titled this Chemo Mafia because I feel like that's we are. We, being my family and friends. I invision taking cancer and giving it a new pair of cement shoes. Letting cancer take a long walk off a short pier. Maybe doing a little drive by on cancer's side of town. You get my drift?
We'll see how this next week and a half go. Anything is better than nausea! So we're already off to a good start.

Peace Out

No comments: