Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Well, I do believe that my hair is on it's final days. It's everywhere. Elliot cannot wait to shave it and use my head as a canvas. She has taken this ride with the grace of a 4 yr old. She never bats an eye at the scars. She only knows that I go to get big shots. Let me tell you, as long as it isn't her she ok with that! Wyatt only wants to snuggle, which is getting easier as the scars heal. She's happy with that.
We'll probably do the big shave tomorrow. I have to say I miss my hair more than my breast. I had nice boobs in my youth, but honestly they were heading south. I fed two children with one boob. The blue ribbon boob. My other would not work due to radiation I had before I had the girls. So on that front, they were nothing much to look at. But my hair, my long dark thick hair...I really miss. True true it will grow back, but it's hard in these winter months to be bald. Whhhaaaaa poor me. :)
I do have things I am grateful for this morning. I slept 10 hours last night. I got some sleep aid from the onc nurse on Thursday. Chemo wears you out but at the same time you feel edgy. Horrible combo. I am trying to be positive hear so let's move on. The weekend is here. Lot's of help around the house. Our friends Jason and Amy were home yesterday and I was just a lounge lizard. I will miss them when the move into their new house!!!! I've been able to eat better this round of treatment. Little small meals even if I don't feel like eating helps. I hope to go walk on the treadmill today at the gym. Energy begets energy. Those are my good things today. See you on the flip side BALD!

Peace Out

No comments: