Sunday, December 17, 2006

Windsday

Winter weather has blown us away here in the Northwest. Thursday night we had a winter wind storm. We have had no power since! The night started out very rainy and a little blustery. As the night progressed, the rain was blowing sideways and limbs were coming off trees. We decided to move our mattress downstairs for sleeping since it would be safer down there if a tree donated a branch to our roof. Anthony built a fire and we snuggled in for the night. By midnight the wind was howling and we lost power. No big deal, we were asleep anyway. Well, the power has been out since then and we see no end in sight until the middle of the week. We along with about 40k houses are in the dark. And cold. We have had it good though, better than most We have a wood burning stove downstairs. It has kept us warm and also fed. We have cooked egg sandwiches, pancakes, nachos, hot chocolate, soup(made from scratch), and toast. Today we ventured out with J and A and ate breakfast out. We found out that ToysRUs was open, so they took the girls to their house and Anthony and I went shopping. I have really been stressing about when we would get this done and now it's off my list of worries. Though the worry list is a little long this week. More about that later...
Anyhoo, J and A now have power and we have been at their house tonight. The girls had a bath and I, a shower. Thank gawd. Everyone had pizza and life is good. As for how the week will go, I have no idea. This is not how I envisioned going into Christmas week. I have a new type of chemo on Thursday and folks coming Friday. I do think we will have power by Thursday. I have no idea what this chemo will bring so I am feeling anxious about that. I hear that it's not so nauseating, yet achey to your whole body. Who knows. All I know is, Febuary 1 does not look too far away at all.
Elliot had her Christmas program last week and she did so great. We are your typical proud parents who think their child was the cutest. And you know what, it's true. She really was the cutest. What a beautiful funny girl she is.
Looking forward, Wyatt's 2nd birthday is in January. I don't know what we will do for that yet. I have chemo two days prior to that so I just don't know what I will pull together. I will be clear on this though, her birthday is not on Christmas. Any birthday gift wrapped in Christmas paper will be rewrapped. I really feel strong about this. Honestly, we don't need gifts to celebrate their special birth days. I'm just sayin, think how you'd feel if someone clumped you in with the closest holiday because it made life easier. Would you feel that they took the time to recognize your special day? I think not. So please don't do that to my child. Send a card, make a phone call, but do not wrap her gift in Christmas paper.
We will have a house full for Christmas. I am excited. My parents will be in from Texas. Anthony's cousin Travis and his wife Rika, and his Uncle Steve and Aunt Marci will be up from Oregon. There should be a lot of laughs. The girls will be out of their minds with attention.
So happy holidays to all. Whatever it is you do or don't celebrate. Hope you are warm and safe.

Peace Out

No comments: