Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I Haven't Come This Far To Be A Victim

The last couple of weeks I have started to work out again. It's like an old familiar friend. I missed my friend....I'll call him Gym.
I think Gym missed me too.
I saw Naomi who was training me last summer. She's a Goddess. If you live near me and want a good trainer, email her at: fitness180nb@yahoo.com. She's a blast to work with.
I had been going in and riding the recumbent bike and reading magazines while doing so. Nothing too strenuous. But today I got up at 6:00 like I used to do and got on the treadmill and I RAN. I RAN!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I walked too, but I had it in me to run, and so I did. One's body does not forget the hard work you put into it. It felt amazing. I have never run without boobs and that was pretty nice too. No jiggling, but more than that, no sports bra to stop the jiggling. I felt like a warrior. There I was, hat whipped off, running like Mercury. I must of been a sight to see.
While on the treadmill I was listening to my IPod that A gave me this summer for reaching my weight loss goal. I heard a song that said the phrase, I haven't come this far to be some man's woman. Now, I am some man's woman and I am secure in who I am with that, and that whole subject would be another blog...
I digress
The words made me think about how far I have come since surgery. Also that I am not here to be a victim in all this. I pray pray pray to dance at both of my daughter's weddings. BTW that's a turn of a phrase, they don't HAVE to get married.
Maybe I am high. Maybe this bravado is all for noght. It's a slippery slope feeling good right now. Half of me wants to roll in it like a pig in mud, the other half thinks, is this for real? I'll take what I can get. I will let these new found feelings of energy sweep over me. It scares me, but I will take it.
Maybe I am on a high because chemo is almost over. Then I had I thought today that maybe I have become manic and I will crash soon, becoming depressed. These are the nutty things I think. It's so hard to grasp feeling good after months of feeling so bad. It also helps that we have had some sun lately. That'll make anyone feel good.
Today I took the girls to soccer. I also took Cooper my little neighbor. The kids were great and had fun. Elliot is getting better and better. She can move that little booty of hers! It also helps that she has new shoes that she says make her run really fast!
I got a really cute hat in the mail yesterday from my friend Heidi that I used to work with. Props to you Heidi. Thank you!

Peace Out

Get up, get out
And do somethin'
Don't let the days of your life pass you by
You got to
Get up, get out
And do somethin'
How will you make it if you never even try
You got to get up, get out
And do somethin'
'Cause you and I have to do
For you and I
-Macy Gray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAYYYY! You had a great day! I am very happy for you!