Friday, February 02, 2007

So Long, Farwell, Auf weidersehn

Done.
Over.
Fin.
Adios.
Finis.
Goodbye.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.
I am done with chemo. Since the day I started, I have waited for February 1, 2007, and it finally arrived. Although I will do H for a year, potentially 2 years, it ain't chemo. Hair can grow back, energy can come back. Life can become a new kind of normal. Whatever that is.
I had some visitors come to this final day. Jason, Desiree, Patty, Edna, Milica, and Anthony, all saw me through this. I held the last I.V. bag of T and said goodbye. The nurses came and sang to me. Desiree made me a hat that said- No More Chemo Princess- and some bells to ring my way out. Thank you D.
This journey has been long and hard. I don't wish it on anyone.
Thank you to all who have sent me good thoughts and good vibes and prayers. Thank you to all who have helped me with my girls and food and my house. Thank you too all who have listened to my laundry list of complaints.
Thank God it's over.

Peace Out.

1 comment:

Kat Werner said...

Hey Maria,
Checking in on you to see if you have finished chemo. Sorry I have been MIA, but I have been checking your blog. Life is much sweeter on the otherside of chemo, but also a very scary prospect as well. Praying for your new journey and adventure to get new boobies.

Your bc buddy & fellow blogger,
Kat