Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Living Life By The Drip

I went to have H last Thursday.
drip. drip. drip.
I watch my life in drips. The nurses make sure I get every last drop. Even when the machine starts beeping they come and reset it so that I get every morsel from the I.V. bag.
drip.drip.drip.
Counting life by the drip.
I have had a cold again. Not as bad as a couple of weeks ago. Maybe my immune system is getting stronger and had the power to fight this one a little better.
I went to my support group last night. What a bunch of courageous women I sat among. At times not feeling worthy of their company. We all have a different story. We all have aches and pains. We all have fear and hope. We are the same yet different. We are different yet the same.
We are all counting the drips until we feel healthy and safe again.

Peace Out

No comments: