Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Not Ready To Make Nice

I will not forgive and forget. I will not forgive cancer for what it has done to me and my family. It is inexcusable to put ANYONE through what we have been through. The fear, the sorrow, the pain, the grief.
I am not friends with cancer. I am not at peace with the fact that I have had cancer. It's not O.K.. My body looks like a war zone on the outside. Who knows what it's like on the inside. I have been drugged, poisoned, cut open, stripped, humiliated.
Am I bitter? Hell yes. I pray you never have to walk in my shoes to let me know if you'd be bitter too.
I hate you cancer.
You're ugly.
Good for nothin'.
I wish I never heard your name.
So go on.
Get out of here.
Do not darken my doorstep again.
I'm through with you and your kind.




I'm not ready to make nice,

I'm not ready to back down,
I'm still mad as hell
And I don't have time
To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right
I probably wouldn't if I could
Cause I'm mad as hell
Can't bring myself to do what it is
You think I should
-
Dixie Chicks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am Maria's father. I just read her blog entitled "not ready to make nice. It broke my heart and made me cry, but it also showed me the courage and in your face fight the she has shown to this rotten ass thing called cancer. We pray for Maria and her family every day and for all the people who fight this battle with courage and class everyday. We love you Maria, Dad and Edna