Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Flip Side

Many a time on this blog I have mentioned that I will see you on the flip side. Today while I was at the hospital having my wonder drug pump into my body, I thought to myself....hey, this is the flip side!
This is where I dreamed to be last September. Here I am.
What's the flip side like? Well, hair is involved. EVERYWHERE. Working out, trying to eat healthy. Still getting treatment but feeling strong. Hope. Looking at my children with amazement. No more poison running through my body. Some new friendships. Travel. Getting ready for summer. My body looks like a war zone. Always will now.
Somethings have changed and some things have stayed the same. I can't really say that after going through all this I have found new meaning in religion or I have turned a new leaf from being cynical and jaded. Oh contraire mon frare. I am still that woman. I will say though, that some things I used to think were so important are not so much anymore and vice versa. I have no time for foolishness. I mean what I say and say what I mean. Cancer has given me the luxury of no longer dancing around issues so that everyone feels good. If something doesn't feel right I will speak up even if it is not popular. No more elephants in the middle of the room.
Here's the deal:
If cancer hasn't changed me to be who you want me to be, then you sure as hell won't.
I have a path. I am on it. The flip side is good.

Peace Out


If I tell you what you want to hear will it help you to sleep well at night
Are you sure that Im your perfect dear now just cuddle up and sleep tight
Im hungry
Im dirty
Im losing my mind
Everythings fine
Im freezing
Im starving
Im bleeding to death
Everythings fine

I miss you
I love you.
-Tracey Bonham

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to listen to a song by Peter Himmelman(Suzanne,the woman with the strength of a thousand men) last week to give myself perspective on life, the song is about a young woman,paraplegiac, that he is introduced to by his uncle and all he wants to do is to try to take away her pain. Connecting with this song through the past x number of years does keep a semblance of balance to my psyche and I hope if you listen to it, it will help,perspective wise, to balance things out somewhat. Pax
TH

susie said...

What an awesome feeling to realize you made it to the flip side. Hallelujah, sister.