Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friday Night Races

We went to the horse races again last night. The girls love seeing the horses. Of course they get french fries and sprite and that may be better than anything.
We have no big plans for the weekend. Working in the yard I suppose.
We are going to start church shopping. Tomorrow we will go to the first sale. See who has salvation at the right price. :)
Of course I kid, but really, it's about finding the right fit for our family. A and I were raised differently as far as religion goes and many other thangs too.
We feel the need to find a middle ground. We are not living my childhood, and we are also not living his. We are living the life we build together. A life that supports all four of us.
It's all a process you know. A journey.
I have the feeling that God doesn't care when, how, or where, you worship. I think folks here on earth are the ones that feel the need to control that. People are judgmental. You are, I am. We all are. We put our convictions on to others and that is wrong. Live your life as a witness and others will follow. Shove your beliefs down their throats and the will turn from you. Really simple.
Anthony went to a private Christian school, while I did not. Elliot will be attending a public school in the fall. This will be to the dismay of some folks. The only private religious school she would attend, would be a non-denominational school. It may be something we look at in the future, but not right now.
With all that being said, we will start our journey to find a church that we, A and I, BOTH want to go. It's a joint decision. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
Inshallah.

Peace Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria! Just got back from busy weekend. Hope you had a great one--was fun to meet you in person at Desiree's. Here's my 'identity'! :)