Monday, August 27, 2007

Morning/Mourning

The end of summer is nearing, as is my life as I know it, or should I say, as I have known it for 5 years.;
Elliot starts Kindergarten next Thursday. Due to that fact, I have named this installment:
Morning/Mourning.
Next week starts the end and the beginning of something.
Mourning-
The end of something.
I am hit hard by the fact that Elliot is five and not a baby anymore. Since she was born I have done my best to take care of her, entertain her, and educate her. As next week approaches, it will be in someone else's hands for half a day, five days a week.
Morning-
A new beginning.
Babies are only babies for so long. Way too soon, you have to let them walk on their own. And so it goes, my oldest heads to school. Backpack full of goodies. Excitement in her heart. She has no fear. These last five years I have done all I could to make her strong and confidant. Not to toot my own horn, but my goal has been accomplished. She is so kind. She is gentle. She's a little mommy looking out for her sister. I could not be any more proud of her than I am. I know she'll do well intellectually as well as socially.
She's my rock star.

Peace Out

every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
-Semisonic

2 comments:

Wicked H said...

That is very sweet, share this with her in the future. Maybe when she is having a tween crisis or something. Not that I wish her or you to have to go through those but it might be fun to re-read this post again then.

MommaBoo said...

You'll be ikay. It'll hurt, but seeing your little one become "independent" will be a wonderful experience. Just wait! Before you know it, you'll have college to suffer through! :) Don't worry! She'll be FINE!

I'll say a prayer for you.