Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Think Pink

I have gone pink for the month of October.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month.
If you are reading this blog, you have been touched by breast cancer. I may be a friend, or relative, acquaintance, or the lady you pass at the grocery store. Whatever I am to you, consider yourself touched. You now know someone with breast cancer. You lucky devil :)
The good news is, I am not contagious. The bad news is, I have no boobs.
I kid, I kid...
I hope and pray that if you do know me, or if you read this by chance, that I am the ONLY person you know who has breast cancer. May it never touch your life again, or mine.

Peace Out

3 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

i think i had better get a pink ribbon up at my blog...for you & my BFF L., & my grandma...all who have had breast cancer.

lots of love to you!

Jess said...

Hi Maria

I'm here from She Who Blogs and I just wanted to tell you that your blog has so much struck a cord with me. It's funny, it's inspiring, it tells it like it is and your courage and strength shine through it. You're definitely a survivor that I'm rooting for, and a blog that I'll be back to.

In mine and my husbands families, we've had 14 relatives with cancer, only 4 survivors. I lost my parents to cancer when I was in my early 20's. We now make cancer awareness jewellery as a way of raising awareness and as a way of dealing with this monster that dominates our family. It's our way of fighting back too.

I'll be putting a pink ribbon up on my blogs too, for you, for your courage and for all those women out there.

Thanks for sharing:)
Jessica
http://hiddenwillow.blogspot.com
http://awarenessalways.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing and for bieng so strong. You are officially the first I know-kind of, who is a breast cancer survivor.

I have read this by chance, and your are now the only survivor that I know.

Continue to be blessed!
SM