Sunday, December 09, 2007

Catch My Disease

I thought long and hard last year what I would feel like and look like this year.
I wondered what cancer free would look like. If that's what I truly am...cancer free. Are we ever cancer free? Is it ever off our minds and our hearts? Does a day go by that we don't use the word cancer in a sentence?
No matter how life goes on or how busy we get, do we recover?
Looking in the mirror from the neck down on any given day reminds me. I now call my chest the bone yard. I mean that affectionately of course. Anthony says I should get a set of wings tattooed on my chest, yet have the wings coming off a rib cage. Yea, he thinks he's funny sometimes. I will not mention other funny things he says.
Ugh, sometimes I am sick of me.
Anyhoo, we survived Thanksgiving and we are on the Christmas. The girls are excited and life is busy. How dare I complain huh?
I have been an absent blogger I know. My head is filled with things to write yet my time is never idle these days to sit and type. Maybe after the new year!

Peace Out

My head is a box full of nothing
and that's the way I like it
My garden's a secret compartment
and that's the way I like it
and that's the way I like it
Your body's a dream that turns violent
and that's the way I like it
and that's the way I like it
The winter is long in the city
and that's the way I like it

So please
baby please
Open your heart
Catch my disease

-Ben Lee

No comments: