Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sleep Over

I am trying not to panic.
Both my girls are at my neighbor's house tonight having their first sleep over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, really their second. The first was at Jason and Amy's house.
They packed their little bags and trotted over like no body's biznazz. The house is quiet. I went grocery shopping ALONE. Anthony and I feel a little lost. We miss them. Do they miss us?
I doubt it.
I am already struggling with the fact that Elliot is going to be in school all day the fall. I have poured six years into that girl. Playdates, classes, preschool, teething, nursing, pottytraining....
And now I am just suppose to let her get on a bus at 8:45 and not see her until 4:08.
AHHHHHHH!
I digress...
So I am waiting to see if I get a call that they want to come home. A watched phone never rings. Anthony is pacing the floor and looking over to the neighbors house. We miss them. Terribly. It's been 5 hours. We are so pathetic.

Peace Out

3 comments:

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

Ya'll need to get so liquored up that you can't HEAR the phone ring. Enjoy my sweet. If not, march over there with a mattress and make it a family affair. Missed you tonight. My booby is feeling better.
Love you, love you
Coochie

Frances D said...

My daughter married and moved to another state four years ago, but the meory of how you're feeling is still quite clear in my memory.
They'll be fine and believe it or not so will you two :)

Zhey said...

Haha! This has got to be the funniest and at the same time touching blogpost I read today. I could almost picture the two of you on opposite directions, the other pacing the floor, the other intently watching the phone, hopelessly waiting for it to ring. It's funny. But real. Ahhh, parenting must really be a lot of pain and fun at the same time... I'd love to be one soon. :)