Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Long long long hot day today.
My title of this blog rings true in so many ways...
I started out this morning finding out there was a bit of havoc in my house. A went to the hospital last night. Flu or food poisoning, who knows, but it warranted a trip to the ER. This shook me up a bit. I already had a tour planned and couldn't get a hold of anyone to get my chilis, so I was in a state of worry all day. Truth be told I am still a bit.
Anyhooooooo
I took a tour to a floating market that I saw featured on No Reservations. It was crazy. Boats as floating cook stations. The sad part is the authenticity was probably a bit marred my all of us tourists.
We then then went to see the bridge over the River Quai. Fascinating story, but by the time we were there it was so freakin' hot that we were all melting. Is was there that I experienced my first Thai toilet. :) I took a little squat over a hole in the ground. I have to say that entailed the good, bad, and ugly.
Then off the the Tiger Temple, where we all had pictures of us taken with tigers. Interesting.
I am back "home" now and completely exhausted.
I saw so much today. I saw complete poverty but with that I saw complete peace and happiness. I saw chaos and wondered how anything ever gets done in this country. I saw a monk driving a pick up with the back end full of people. Only Buddha knows where they were going. I saw Thai women working, that looked like they hated every tourist around them.
As I have looked around I cannot for the life of me figure out how this society thrives, yet it does.
I cannot figure out how to get my pics on here yet nor a way to a phone.
Oh well. Off for a cold beer...

Peace Out

No comments: