Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Where Does Hope Live Now?

Elizabeth Edwards. She passed away yesterday and I cannot tell you how sad it makes me. I have been thinking about the life she had. There's the obvious...John Edwards, breast cancer, the death of a child.
That's a lot to go through in 61 years. Her path was fraught with heartache and disappointment.
I was listening to NPR this morning and some foolish foolish woman was saying how Elizabeth Edwards "drank the koolaide" of her husband's life of deception. And I thought really? Seriously? Do you think for one second you could of walked in her shoes?
I can tell you as a mother, I would do anything, and I mean anything, to protect my children. I am sure she didn't make one move without the thought of what it would do to her children. I am sure every decision she made was not easy. I am sure there were days that she wanted to throw in the towel. I am sure protecting them was her number one priority, The one and only thing she could not protect them from, is loosing their mother.
I am just plain sad to hear of her passing. It makes me sick.
She seemed, at least to me as a beacon of hope.
So with her gone...where does hope live now?

Peace Out

No comments: