Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 12

Never ask a lady how old she is or how much she weighs. At least that's what they say.
But seriously, will those two facts really matter when we take our last breath here on earth. Will it matter what your dress or pant size is while laying in a coffin? I think not.
Here's the thing. People spend millions of dollars on weight loss. That's not really the subject of this blog though.
The subject is really about how we feel about ourselves. It's about self acceptance. Do you like yourself just way you are? Well you should. What good does it do any good not to? Do you have female children? What kind of message do you send to them if they hear you talk about how fat you feel or think you are?
I really really think about it. I make a huge effort that my girls never hear me talk disparagingly about myself. Especially with the fact that I have no breasts and have chosen not to change that. When I made the decision not to reconstruct my breast after a double mastectomy, my children played a huge role in that. At the time they were too young to know any different. That is starting to change the older they get. When they enter puberty and start to develop, they will do so with a mother that has no breasts. I will tell them it doesn't matter, because my self worth is not tied up in that. Also with that last statement I say...to each his own. We all have choices to make.
So I try my best to love myself as I am. Lumps in the wrong places, and bumps that gravity has taken control of.
I want my girls to embrace the differences in their bodies, and others. None of us are perfect. Not even the gals in magazines.
Love yourself. Accept yourself!!!!!!!!!!!! You're perfect just like you are!

Peace Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for putting this out there maria! i really like this post!