Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lucky 13

I used to be a flight attendant. Many moons ago. Part of our training was customer service. Talking to the public. Being appropriate and unoffensive. Even if the passenger was a complete asshole.
You know the drill, keep topics neutral. Do not talk about sex, religion, or politics.
I suppose it was easy enough. Plus I was pretty young and had few views other than what was my favorite beer.
Now these days, I have quite a bit to say, though most of it is bullshit.
The three forbidden topics are still a constant. People want to push their agenda on others. They want you to think they way think. And if you don't...you are wrong. Or even worse, going to hell.
Luckily I live in a country that allows me to think whatever I want and act upon it with in the law.
Which now brings me to the topic of my blog:
Religion. Ewwwwwwwwww-what a dirty word.
Lack of religion. Ewwwwwwwwwww-what a dirty concept.
No matter what side of the fence you are on, it is an age old argument. All three topics are on the news and every social network in the world. I may be quite unpopular on this one, but I don't want to see your cause on facebook. I go to FB to waste time, not read you bashing politicians or quoting scripture. Aren't there better places for that? Why ram it up others noses until they unfriend you?
I, particularly, cannot tolerate anyone pushing religion on me...OR MY CHILDREN. People use religion as a weapon to make others conform. Wars are fought over religion. People are killed.
What blows me away is the judgement that humans put upon other humans. As if they live a life of sinlessness. What a crock of shit.
I know a person who is like this. We all do. Instead of a life filled with love and family, this person completely alienates their family and others, with their judgement, and then cries about it. This person is difficult for others to be around. I am constantly amazed and not in a good way.
I mean seriously, what's the golden rule that we were supposed to learn in school?
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Hmmmmmm ok.
Let's all remember that. Because we all want to the right to our own opinions, beliefs, and sexual preferences.

Peace Out

1 comment:

NegativeGround said...

this is good