Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 19

Once upon a time there was a girl who had three fabulous friends. They were young and fun. They loved to do lunch and lay out and go to bars at night and hear music. This was before the days of cell phones and computers. They loved mini dinner parties. They were finding their way in the world.
If only I could run the reel of our times together over and over in my mind.
We are now "grown ups" doing grown up things. We live in different states.
I think back to a night in a parking lot of a bar we had closed down. We were all drunk and talking. We had had such a fun night. It was perfect under the summer stars. Out of the blue I thought to myself and said out loud.....
It will never be like this again. If I could take back those words today I would! But time does not stand still. And it never was the same....
These three people had a huge hand in forming me as an adult. I will forever be grateful and happy for the awesome times we had together.

Peace Out

No comments: